The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health (MCDPH) have affirmed an individual in Maricopa County has been determined to have the 2019 Novel Coronavirus.
The patient is said to be an individual from the Arizona State University people group, lives in Tempe, yet doesn’t live in college lodging. ADHS authorities said the individual had as of late came back from movement to Wuhan, China, the focal point of the ailment.
“MCDPH and ADHS are currently investigating to identify any close contacts that may have been exposed while the person was infectious,” the announcement from ADHS read.
“Any individuals who have been identified as having been exposed will be contacted directly. These individuals will be monitored for fever and respiratory symptoms in collaboration with public health and the university.”
“While the immediate risk of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus to the general public is believed to be low at this time, ADHS and our county public health partners will continue to actively monitor for the disease,” said Dr. Cara Christ, ADHS chief. “There are simple daily precautions that everyone should always take to prevent the spread of diseases.”
As per ADHS, the 2019 Novel Coronavirus spreads through the air when a tainted individual hacks or sniffles.
Side effects of the infection show up inside two to 14 days after introduction and can include:
- Runny nose
- Trouble relaxing
With this season’s cold virus and other respiratory maladies coursing in the network, general wellbeing authorities are urging everybody to get an influenza shot. Furthermore, they are urging everybody to avoid potential risk:
- Wash your hands frequently with cleanser and water for in any event 20 seconds. In the event that cleanser and water are not accessible, utilize a liquor based hand sanitizer.
- Abstain from contacting your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Maintain a strategic distance from close contact with individuals who are wiped out.
- Remain at home when you are wiped out.
- Spread your hack or wheeze with a tissue, at that point quickly toss the tissue in the rubbish.
- Clean and sterilize often contacted articles and surfaces.
This is the fifth instance of the coronavirus affirmed in the United States.